Apply the Word
Psalms 1:1-3: Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
It is a known fact that what man identifies as good works cannot please God. God is holy and we are born in sin. There is absolutely no way that we can reach the most high God without the blood of Jesus, due to our sinful natures.
There is Good News is that our sins have already been paid in full. The Lamb (Jesus) that was without a blemish (sin) or a defect was used as a sacrifice to wash away our sins. Jesus Christ took our punishment on him. In fact, when He was on the cross, he bore all our guilt, shame, unrighteousness, diseases and sins. He cleansed us through His precious blood. The price is already paid . The blood for sacrifice is already shed.
When we believe by placing our hope and trust in Him, we are saved. Jesus becomes our only Lord and Savior. If He is our Lord, it is our duty to serve only Him. But how is it really done how do we apply it in our lives?
When we become a Christian, is our hope solely in the Lord or do we still seek the security and comfort of earthly possessions?
Do we serve other Lords after we have received the Lord as our Savior, including money?
We do not become real Christians by being born in a Christian family alone.
We do not become real Christians by going to the Church alone.
We do not become real Christians by reading the Bible alone.
- We become real Christians when we become right with God in our mindset, actions, words (when we accept Jesus as our Lord and savior and believe that Christ died for our sins, and that He is the son of God), as a way to live.
- We become real Christians when we receive God’s anointing, His Holy Spirit to help us as a way to live.
- We become real Christians when we put the scriptures into practice, to help us as a way to live.
- We become real Christians when we trust and love the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind and do not place our hope in the world or its things (money, cars, house), to help us as a way to live.
- We become real Christians when we do not promote injustice or oppression as a way to live.
- We become real Christians when we love others as a necessity to live.
- We become real Christians when we forgive others and pray for them, as a way to live.
- We become real Christians when we follow Jesus whole heartedly as a way to live.
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.
You may want to examine yourself today – Am I a real Christian?
May each one of us receive the heavenly anointing and be blessed.
May the Lord bless you.
New Delhi, India
GC Blog Journalist