During the seventy days of testing that occurs immediately following the celebration of Shavuot, it is clear that the testing will be associated with the spiritual increase YHWH has given you on Shavuot (Pentecost).
Our first three steps in the process of testing are 1) Direction, 2) Inspection and 3) Correction. In order to successfully walk in the spirit using what YHWH gives us each year at Shavuot, never think it strange when tests come. In the book of James he directs our attention to the true intent of the spiritual increase received at YHWH’s appointed time of Shavuot. It is YHWH’s intention to insure we can be trusted with the increase that he gives us. The ability to function with the added or enhancement of the gift you have received is the object of the testing in this season.
This year on Shavuot YHWH blessed me with an increase and enhancement of my spiritual ear. The first thing we are to look to is to know what it is that YHWH has blessed us with this year on Shavuot. Pay close attention to any differences in your current spiritual gifts. The weeks of meditation with our concentrated attention spent on where we are in our relationship with YHWH is a great place to begin when identifying your blessings. YHWH is the same yesterday today and forever more. When we intentionally honor the feast days we can trust FAITHFUL (YHWH ) to do what he ascribed for His people. YHWH accompanies us on a forty-nine day journey of introspection and expectation of receiving from Him for His glory. Now that our direction is clear we can look inside to identify what gift or enhancement thereof YHWH has given you to fulfill our purpose in Him. The inspection of how the gift is used to function for YHWH as authentic ambassadors is the next realm of this testing season. The personal inspection of what has changed or enhanced on Shavuot inside of you takes your attention to how you worship, praise and serve YHWH daily.
Once you recognize the newness in your inner man the test of its use will begin, or you will notice that you are experiencing YHWH a bit differently. James and Peter actually encourages us to understand that this is a normal process we are subject to for the trying of our faith and trust in YHWH. Why would anyone want someone working with them whom they cannot trust, Selah. James describes the element of the trying of our faith ( or more appropriately defined as YHWH identifying our level of trust) as a process to welcome in walking with YHWH.
- Will YHWH receive glory as an end result of the correction through all involved?
- Will the correction cause the person to become better in their walk with YHWH?
- Have you considered the proper environment for the correction? An intended intervention can appear as an ambush.
- Has the potential correction been weighed from various perspectives before addressing?
- Examine the correction thoroughly be certain it is not simply a vain imagination, opinion or judgment.
- What is the motive behind the correction? Search yourself before YHWH prior to addressing a potential correction of one of His children. The men who gathered to judge and accuse the adulterous woman found themselves stepping back due to their own hidden sins. Remember correction is one thing but judgment is another and the only one who is able to judge another is YHWH.